Habitat Surveys & Assessment
Habitat surveys encompass a wide variety of survey types and requirements including the following:
- Phase 1 habitat survey and Extended Phase 1
- NVC survey for a proposed construction
- NVC survey to assess habitats for a management plan
- River or lake surveys using macrophyte survey methodologies (to determine condition status)
- Assessment for the Water Framework Directive
- Site Condition Monitoring / Common Standards Monitoring of statutory sites to assess the condition of the feature of interest and whether certain targets are being met.
For more information on the different survey types see the links below.
In the case of surveys for proposed developments, such as Phase 1 Habitat surveys, it is best to undertake this at the earliest possible stage to avoid delays and costs at a later stage of development. Surveys of this kind are often key to a development plan being accepted.
OpenSpace have the expertise and capabilities to undertake all your habitat survey and assessment needs. We would be delighted to hear about any relevant enquiries you have, please call the team on 01228 711841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.